Freight & Return Policy
The following policy applies to all Sunrise Medical (US) LLC customers, effective February 6, 2023:
All freight terms noted below apply only to business-to-business shipments. Market value freight charges will be billed for residential deliveries. If products and/or parts are requested to be shipped via expedited means, the order will be charged handling fees and expedited freight charges.
All Manual configured wheelchairs will be charged a $54.95 handling fee for each individual wheelchair ordered from Sunrise Medical, regardless of the method used to place the order.
All Power wheelchairs will be charged a $79.95 handling fee for each individual wheelchair ordered from Sunrise Medical, regardless of the method used to place the order.
All Leckey systems, packages, frames, chassis, and shells will be charged a $54.95 handling fee for each individual order placed with Sunrise Medical, regardless of the method used to place the order.
Standard Seating Products, Made-to-Order Seating Products, SWITCH-IT, and Parts
Each order for Sunrise Medical Parts, Seating Products, or Switch-It products will receive a handling fee, subject to the order value on the following scale regardless of the method used to place the order:
- Between $0 - $100: $20.95 handling fee
- Over $100: $29.95 handling fee
Orders that are placed with both Manual Mobility Products and Seating Products or Parts on a single order will be charged a $54.95 handling fee for each order placed with Sunrise Medical, regardless of the method used to place the order. Orders that are placed with both Power and any other product (Parts, Seating, Manual, Switch-It) on a single order will be charged a $79.95 handling fee, regardless of the method used to place the order.
All customers in Alaska, Hawaii, or Puerto Rico will follow the same policy above regardless of the final city or Island destination so long as the order is a business-to-business shipment. Residential deliveries will be billed at the market value freight charge.
All orders will be shipped using LTL, Ground, or Consolidation Services at the discretion of Sunrise Medical. If more information is needed regarding transit times or services, please contact your Sunrise Medical representative for more details.
Sunrise Medical will provide, upon customer request, lift gate and/or inside delivery services on the following fee schedule:
- Lift gate services: $85 per delivery
- Inside delivery: $50 per delivery
All other special handling services requested will be charged to the customer.
Short Shipment and Freight Damage
Claims for shortages, errors in delivery, or defects apparent on visual inspection must be made in writing to Sunrise Medical within ten (10) days after receipt of shipment. Buyer's failure to give timely notice of the same shall constitute unqualified acceptance of such shipment.
In order to process your return as efficiently as possible, please follow the instructions below carefully. Failure to follow these instructions may result in a delay in processing your return, or have the credit denied.
- Products may be returned to Sunrise only with advance authorization from Sunrise Medical Customer Service in the form of a Return Authorization (RA) number.
- The RA number must appear on the outside of the package in a clearly visible manner and location or will be returned to sender.
- All approved returns must be shipped at customer’s expense using their preferred carrier. Product or parts returns which are not pre-paid will not be accepted by Sunrise.
- Product must be saleable (not a discontinued item and not used) and must be properly packaged (original packaging preferred). Product or parts returns which are not approved as saleable will not be accepted by Sunrise Medical.
- If you are the end user of the product, your return must be channeled through an authorized Sunrise Medical supplier (dealer). Please contact the dealer who supplied you with the product.
- If you are a dealer, all requests for a Return Authorization must be phoned to 1-800-333-4000 and include:
- Reason for return
- Item number and quantity
- Invoice number, original sales order number or original purchase order number, and date
- Serial number(s) if applicable
- Returned merchandise is subject to Sunrise Medical's standard restocking fee.
- No returns will be accepted by Sunrise Medical if the request to return the products or parts is made beyond 180 days of the original ship date.
- RAs are valid for 60 days and will not be accepted by Sunrise Medical if the item(s) is not returned within 60 days after a Return Authorization is issued.
- Configured and made-to-order wheelchairs, seating systems (including modified Jay products), Switch-It alternative drive controls, and Built-4-Me products are not eligible for return regardless of order date.
- Sunrise Medical will credit any freight and/or handling fee on the original order paid by the customer on returns that are due to a Sunrise Medical error, and if all items on the invoice are being returned.
- All seating components must be returned inside original sealed plastic bags.
Change Order and Cancellation Policy
Sunrise Medical builds made-to-order Mobility products according to Customer specifications. Quote and order acknowledgements must be reviewed for accuracy. There are no cancellations, returns, refunds, or credit allowed on made-to-order products (Configured and made-to-order wheelchairs, seating systems including modified Jay products, Switch-It alternative drive controls, Magic Mobility, and Built-4-Me products).
- Product or parts returns for warranty items (i.e., product defects) are subject to Sunrise Medical’s evaluation but not subject to a restocking fee.
- Product or parts returns for non-warranty items (i.e., dealer error, overstock) are subject to Sunrise Medical evaluation and are subject to a restocking fee based on the following schedule:
- Return Authorizations issued on orders shipped within 90 days of original ship date and returned within 60 days of receiving the Return Authorization are subject to a 25% restocking fee
- Return Authorization issued on orders shipped within 180 days of original ship date and returned within 60 days of receiving the Return Authorization are subject to a 50% restocking fee.
- Restocking fee percentages are calculated based on the invoiced value of the product.